Auckland Art Gallery

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00297.JPG

DSC00288.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

DSC00294.JPG

DSC00298.JPG

The next three pictures are from "Making Useful Useless". The artiest shredded a Toyota Corolla DX 1994 car, but it was hard to tell this artwork on the floor was a car. For the first sight, there were only "trash" on the floor, after saw the plate and parking tickets, I started to question myself "was this a car before?". There are some familiar car parts in the "trash", they were the answer of my question, it was a car before.

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00300.JPG

DSC00301.JPG

A very interesting artwork, it looked like a huge black cloud floating in the air. When I got closer, I can see it made of hundreds of microphones. If anyone get close to the artwork, it will start play music, the music from sky.

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

The artist used an airport display to tell some thing. The text on this display changes every few seconds.

DSC00305.JPG

After I have taken all the above photos, an art gallery staff told me I was not allowed to take photos, so I don't have the photo of my  favorite. My favorite piece was "The Room with a bird", that was a room with several perches hanging from the roof. When someone walk by, perches move just like a bird jumps off it, and there is also a bird noise. When I was in this room, I felt there was a bird in the room, it made noise and jumped off the perch, but I couldn't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment